A place where one girl shares her thoughts and opinions on life, politics, and the world today.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Driving Etiquette Isn't That Difficult... Or Is It?

So today I was out with some friends to do some fabric shopping, because we are the kind of dancers that make our own costumes and clothing. I expect when I'm out to have a few issues with idiots and parking lots, but today was just exceptionally bad. I don't know if it was just a lot of younger people who don't have any respect or what, but my passenger was doing a lot of road raging for me. Because hey, it's only illegal if the driver shows the rage. :D

My biggest issue with today though was people and how to act when people need to get out, and they're waiting to get up to a stop sign. Most of us know that you shouldn't block an entrance/exit because someone might need to get in or out, and blocking it is just going to cause a traffic jam.

I'll be damned, not one, not two, but FIVE CARS cut me off from making a left! I'm trying to come off a side road, and they can't be kind enough to leave a little space so that I can get out and go where I need to, because hey, they might be ten seconds later to that stop sign 100ft up. :P

Seriously folks, it's time to learn some common courtesy. Let people out, so that traffic can keep flowing. Let them in too, because it really isn't going to interrupt your day that much. And hey, good karma begets more good karma! Do unto others as you would have done to you. All that good stuff applies to the road and driving, not just to life!

I'd say NYers should just all have to take Drivers Ed like the people in Mass in order to get their license... but I'm sorry you people in Mass can't drive either. I lived there for a year, I have the right to say this.

So it doesn't matter, home grown or drivers ed; no one can drive with courtesy anymore it seems. Just like there are no more gentlemen that try to get the door for ladies. The age of courtesy and chivalry is dead... kind of sad really.

Just means some middle fingers are going to get a lot of exercise though. Hope that horn has insurance!

No comments:

Post a Comment